[scribus] PDF slow when viewing

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 12:02:14 CEST 2008

Hi Richard,

On 6/10/08, Richard Moffat <richard.moffat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Scribus 1.3.3.9 on Win XP and generating PDFs that result in
> documents anywhere between 300k - 800kB. .....

I am using 1.3.3.11/WinXP/SP2 mostly to compose 1-3 page documents.
I've found that the more I make changes to the file the larger it
becomes. The file size shrinks when I save the document to a new file
using SaveAs - this is just an observation - however, I remember I did
de-selected some fonts as well. I used only text - no images. I am
talking about file-size reduction from 200K to around 70K. I don't
know what happened but somehow the filesize was slashed down to a
lower size.

--
Asif