[scribus] 1.3.3.12svn on Fedora 9 - success

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jun 10 03:17:06 CEST 2008

Some observations:

1. On retry, after verifying that I did also have qt-3.3 installed,
1.3.3.12svn would compile on Fedora 9. It took an inordinately long time
for it to get started, but eventually did make it. Seemed that the
startup was the slowest.
2. For whatever reason, it used an inordinate amount of system
resources. Perhaps the first time I tried, I may have been doing too
many other things. This was not the case in Fedora 8, since I had gotten
used to doing various other things. This is a P4 with about 512MB RAM
and 1GB of swap. I even found tonight that just trying to click a link
in firefox caused a system freeze -- perhaps firefox 3 (beta 5) is using
a lot more resources.

Greg