[scribus] Image resolution looks poor on high res images

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Thu Jun 5 18:49:31 CEST 2008

David Sarnowski wrote:

>> I am creating a programme for an event that I have.  I am tryign to
>> insert several images.  I have added image frames and placed images
>> in those frames.  The images that I am using are 300 dpi .tiff.
>> These are very good high resolution images, but when I insert them
>> into the image frame they look really pixelated.
>>
>> Should I save the .tiffs into another format?

How they look on-screen should not be a big concern.  Or did you mean
that they look pixelated when printed?  In general (and this is by no
means unique to Scribus, as far as I know), lower resolution images are
created internally for the on-screen view while editing but the full
image will be used when you create a PDF, etc.  So, are you just seeing
this on the screen or in printed files?

--
Henry