[scribus] Convert gradients to smooth shades?

Plinnell mrdocs at scribus.info
Tue Jun 3 15:30:00 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 15:13:05 Franz Schmid wrote:
> John Culleton schrieb:
> > My printer du jour, 360Digital Books, offers the following line in
> > their printing specs:
> >
> > Advanced:   Convert Gradients to smooth shades.
> >
> > This is no doubt Adobe Acrobat-speak.  In Scribus-speak, what must I
> > do if I use gradients?
>
> Nothing, Scribus already outputs gradients as smooth shades in PS and PDF.
>
> Franz Schmid

To reinforce what Franz is saying, my tests on Scribus PDF's using PDF
pre-flight tools indicates that the way gradients are converted into smooth
shades is indeed correct and should not pose a problem for your printer.

That particular option is an Acrobat Distiller parameter which is enabled to
avoid issues with certain rips.

Peter