[scribus] Highlighting elements of imported bitmap

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 02:51:25 CEST 2008

Owen wrote:

>> I've imported some bitmaps of charts into a Scribus document and made an
>> attempt at highlighting key features.
>>
>> I tried to put filled coloured rectangles over them, but can't seem to
>> get the right effect in that if it's 'on top' and opaque it covers the
>> object of interest.
>>
>> In the end I've settled for putting an unfilled rectangle over them
>> giving this sort of effect.
>>
>>      http://www.t4sustainability.co.uk/RNC/ChartBit.png
>>

>> Ideally I'd like the effect of putting a bit of yellow plastic over the
>> typed page, so that from the underlying 'paper', black is black and
>> white is filtered to yellow.
>>
>> Is it possible to achieve this in Scribus 1.3.3.11-1, and if not, will
>> it be in future ?
>
> I am not sure what you want to do.

Highlight paragraphs within a text box by changing their background colour.

> If it is something like
>
> http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/sample.pdf  (8Kbytes)

That's OK, but I'd like the background to run the full  width of the
text box.

> Then just add your background colour to a bottom layer

Thanks. I've tried that now, and it looks great in the properties
dialogue, but doesn't come out on screen.  Is this a known issue in
1.3.3.11-1 or am I just doing something wrong ?

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor