[scribus] Highlighting elements of imported bitmap

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Jun 1 04:32:44 CEST 2008

I've imported some bitmaps of charts into a Scribus document and made an
attempt at highlighting key features.

I tried to put filled coloured rectangles over them, but can't seem to
get the right effect in that if it's 'on top' and opaque it covers the
object of interest.

In the end I've settled for putting an unfilled rectangle over them
giving this sort of effect.

     http://www.t4sustainability.co.uk/RNC/ChartBit.png

Ideally I'd like the effect of putting a bit of yellow plastic over the
typed page, so that from the underlying 'paper', black is black and
white is filtered to yellow.

Is it possible to achieve this in Scribus 1.3.3.11-1, and if not, will
it be in future ?

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor