[scribus] Coloured Layers and levels

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Jul 17 03:26:01 CEST 2008

Roger wrote:

> Would it be possible to have Scribus indicate which layer and level a
> text box and image box is on, perhaps with a small colour swatch to
> show the layer colour, in the corner with the level number inside and
> have this display switchable on or off in preferences.
> TIA
> Roger
We'll see what others think. I'm not a big user of layers, but they seem
to make the most sense when you have certain kinds of content on a given
layer, named appropriately, and you can name your frames accordingly as
well.

You can also bring up the Layers dialog quite easily (F6) or even leave
it open. Clicking the 'visible' checkbox will show/hide a given layer,
so you instantly see what is on each layer.

So what would be gained by adding your suggestion? (other than busy work
for the programmers)

Greg