[scribus] Color management in fine on Ubuntu/Hardy
malex at scribus.info
Mon Jul 14 20:40:15 CEST 2008
* Nigel Ridley <nigel at rmk.co.il> [2008-07-13 14:50:31 +0300]:
> Kubuntu Hardy Heron with Scribus 22.214.171.124
> I'm trying to get color management working.
> I have installed liblcms1 but can't get Scribus to 'see' it (I don't have 'Input Profiles' on the
> Image tab in the Properties box.
> I have also extracted the AdobeICCProfiles.zip into ~/nigel/.color/icc and have enabled the
> 'Activate Color Management' in [Scribus] Preferences.
> Is there anything else?
I've just tested this with the Hardy 126.96.36.199 package and icc-profiles package
containing a few sample profiles on a newly installed Hardy system to simulate
the worst possible case. I do see the "Input profile" menu in the "Image" tab
in the Properties palette. The only things I did to get to this point were:
* install scribus (188.8.131.52) package from the Scribus Archive using the
* install icc-profiles package from Ubuntu's Multiverse archive.
* start scribus and do not create a new document or open an existing document.
* go to "File>Preferences>Color Management"
* select the "Activate Color Management" checkbox and select appropriate
"System Profiles" and "Rendering Intents".
* create a new document and insert an image frame into a page.
* insert an image into an image frame.
* open properties palette and select the "Image" tab.
It's working just fine and not because my system is set up for it. Remember -
I did this on a freshly installed Hardy.
More information about the scribus