[scribus] Font bolding problem when converting to pdf

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri Jul 11 10:09:09 CEST 2008

Craig Ringer wrote:
> John Beardmore wrote:
>> Pierre Marchand wrote:

>>> All is in the needlesslyness! I did not do it myself but I think it has
>>> _needed_ a pretty load of work to get the proper fix done. So, here I would
>>> not say that "by design" the output was bad on low resolution devices. Just
>>> that they were not targetted in something like "phase A".
>> Yes -  I may have the wrong end of the stick, but when I saw something
>> like 'removes the hinting', I took it that it had somehow been decided
>> that having it there was unnecessary / undesirable.
>
> Not at all. It's just that converting a font to outlines cannot preserve
> hinting, because hinting is specific to display at particular resolutions.

Glad I got the wrong end of the stick !

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor