[scribus] New member - Quit on start up

Magnus Olsson macmagnus at telia.com
Thu Jul 10 11:36:46 CEST 2008

Martin Costabel skrev:
> Magnus Olsson wrote:
> []
>> Console.log:
>> ---
>> dyld: Library not loaded:
>> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Python
>>   Referenced from: /Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/MacOS/Scribus
>>   Reason: image not found
>
> Looks like that build of scribus needs Python-2.4 installed. Tiger comes
> with Python-2.3 by default, so you would need to download and install
> this from somewhere else.
>
> Anyway, is installing scribus-1.3.4 really a good idea? There are lots
> of messages on this list explaining why not.

I've updated my system from 10.2 to 10.3 to 10.4.
Perhaps that's why my system lacks from Python!?
This must be the first time Python is needed in my system!!!
Anyhow - I'll find out where I can find it...

Why Scribus134? I looked for another build aimed for OSX, but I just
found a Platform-Independent 1.3.3.11 source code!

/Magnus