[scribus] wanting to know if I have a bug or not

Pierre Marchand capparis at free.fr
Wed Jul 9 17:32:15 CEST 2008

Vous (John & Melonie Curwood) avez écrit :
> hi there,
>
> I'm new to Scribus and recently installed version 1.3.3.10 on my Mac
> (OSX10.4 PPC).  The Installation was fine and it started fine when I
> loaded it up, except for one small glitch.  The top of the Scribus
> window is positioned above the top of the monitor, the same thing
> also happens to the Story editor when opened.  This Doesn't render
> Scribus unusable as I am able to use pretty much all functions - even
> on the story editor, which has the top 3/4 of it's buttons missing -
> it just really annoying as I can't reposition the windows, they are
> stuck where they are first opened.  After doing a bit of research
> around the support available, I decided to Install AquaScribus 1.3.4
> to see if the problem carried on - so I installed in parallel with
> 1.3.3.10 for comparison, but it has exactly the same issue.  So my
> question is:  Is this a bug that is in the mac version of Scribus or
> is it an issue with OSX, and then to follow it up - is there any way
> I can get the windows to open just a bit lower so I can access the
> bar at the top and move them around the screen.

IIRC, it’s a known issue with Mac and can be  worked around by editing the
initial position of the windows in the scribus configuration file. But, as i
have not a mac at hand I can’t help more though I suspect the file would be
somewhere in ~/Library/preferences. Might a "locate scribus.xml" help.

my 2 cents.

--
Pierre Marchand