[scribus] Adobe Reader 8 and Scribus.

Julian Robbins julian.robbins at q-par.com
Wed Jul 9 10:29:54 CEST 2008

When I try to open the following file in Scribus 1.3.3.12SVN on openSUSE
11.0, with Qt3.3.8b I get the following error. I sent up Adobe 8.1.2
01/15/2008 I get the following error: i have set up adobe reade as per
your help screens for Adobe Reader 8. File
~/Documents/Lions/Moses_Lake_Lions/Sight_Hearing/Forms/Club_Forms/Current/Club_Assistance_Application_Rev11.pdf
is not in an acceptable format. I am trying to import the PDF to Scribus
since I lost the original Scribus file.
> Maybe this cannot be done. Am I doing something wrong? or is there a
> different way to do this. Any help would be appreciated.
> -- Russ Linux register user 441463
Hi Russ

You cannot normally open a PDF for editing in Scribus. That said its
possible to import a PDF, but your mileage may vary. Anyway its not a
very good way to try it.

But, I would suggest to use Inkscape 0.46 (it must be 0.46 or newer!),
and use their nice new shiny PDF import facility, which works really,
really, really well. Then you can save to svg, eps, and import these
into Scribus instead. Even the text can come in as editable text if you
want it to.

It wont necessarily be perfect, but will get you quite a long way.

--
Kind regards

Julian