[scribus] OT Web tools

Julian Robbins julian.robbins at q-par.com
Tue Jul 8 11:39:18 CEST 2008

> I've been asked to recommend some tools for secondary school e-media
> teaching.
>
> So far I've suggested Gimp, Inkscape and Scribus with a side order of
> Freemind.
>
> They would however like some simple web tools that a school might use
> under Windows, Linux, and possibly on Macs.  We don't want content
> management or sophisticated AJAX IDEs, just something simple for
> children to make reasonably modern html.  What might be out there ?

Hi John

You could try Kompozer, a nice simple HTML WYSIWYG editor. I'm not sure
if it works on Windows, you'd have to check. Its the old NVU editor that
was good but didnt get updated In fact you could try NVU too, if there's
a Windows version of that.

Nice to see another UK user on this list, there's never enough of us
using OSS software compared to Europe and Asia, ...

--
Kind regards

Julian Robbins