[scribus] Lost Template Access in 1.3.3.12

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jul 4 15:13:46 CEST 2008

John Culleton wrote:
> After you download and unpack the source files go to the directory
> holding them and use the following information (cribbed in part from
> Greg Pittman) to create Scribus:
>
> First you have to select a work directory name.  You can use the same
> directory but the powers that be recommend against it.
> Let's say you specify /opt/scribus13312/
> Then execute the following:
>
> cmake  .  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/scribus13312/
> make
> install
> (Don't forget the period after cmake!

the last command should be 'make install'
> Alternatively I suggest just doing:
>
> ln -s /opt/scribus13312/bin/scribus /usr/local/bin

Not quite right. This would try to create a symbolic link with the name
'bin'. Should be

ln -s /opt/scribus13312/bin/scribus /usr/local/bin/scribus

Also, don't forget the value of creating aliases in Linux. For example,
since I use bash for CLI, I have created 2 aliases in .bashrc:

alias cmake133x='cmake .
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/gregp/scribus133x'
alias cmake135='cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/gregp/scribus135'

which allow me to just enter cmake133x or cmake135 in konsole.
Especially when you're updating from svn a lot, this is a big timesaver
and avoids typos.

Greg