[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 4, Issue 4

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 4 01:24:13 CEST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Roger wrote:

> What does the circled area, in the bottom-right corner of the 1.35 image,
> indicate?
>
> I have found this to mean that there are a umber of <enter>'s or line
> breaks at the bottom of the text file creating extra blank lines. delete
> them in the story editor to the end of the last word and see if that
> helps.

   They also indicate that the text box is too small to display all the
entered text. If you try File -> Export -> PDF and get a box with error
messages you'll see that the indicate errors are text boxes with little
symbols in the lower right corner. Increase the size of the box, the hidden
text magically appears, and the errors are fixed.

   You don't see this if you produce the PDF by clicking on the icon.

Rich