[scribus] Scribus-1.35svn text problem.

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Jul 3 14:26:43 CEST 2008

Craig Bradney wrote:
>>> I'm going crazy  trying to figure out why, after I've entered text in a
>>> text
>>> frame & clicked the green tick to update, it's not being displayed in
>>>
> the
>
>>> main window. I've recompiled 3 times, changed font
>>> settings, sizes etc. What am I missing?
>>>
>> We are missing elements to figure out what happens here. Might be a good
>> idea
>> to save a minimal document that shows the problem and put it somewhere we
>> can
>> grab it and check it by ourselves.
>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>> Hi Pierre,
>>
>> Using scribus-1.24.1 I created a very simple .sla file, with a text from
>> containing just the one word,Nothing.
>>
>> This is what it looks like in scribus-1.24.1:
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p18254884/scrib-1.24.1.png
>>
>> And like this if I open with scribus-1.35svn:
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p18254884/scrib-1.35.png
>>
>> What does the circled area, in the bottom-right corner of the 1.35 image,
>> indicate?
>>

> It indicates text overflow and is an issue we haven't tracked down yet. Can
> you please submit a bug on bugs.scribus.net with the file attached?

There was a change in the space required above and below a font as
Scribus went from 1.2.x to 1.3.3.x to 1.3.5, and this results in
displacements of text inside a frame. It looks like you've added a
number of empty lines above your word Nothing -- one issue could be the
size that is assigned to those lines (linespacing). It should be fixable
by getting rid of extra lines until your text appears.
This is a real problem in many cases when you load an older document
into a newer version, and can require a lot of tweaking.

Greg