[Scribus] Scribus-1.3.3.11 on Debian-amd64 segfaults when saving file

andreas.speck at tiscali.co.uk andreas.speck
Thu Jan 31 11:02:55 CET 2008

Hi all,
    the more I'm trying to solve this problem, the less I think it is
Scribus related:

- Scribus-1.3.3.11 and 1.3.5snv building with cmake segfault when
saving a file (and we don't get the missing symbols warning at compile
time). The file can be openend without problems.
- Scribus-1.3.3.10svn and 1.3.3.6 amd packages from the Scribus
repositories also segfault (and they worked before).

The strange thing is that when it started happening, on that day we
did not upgrade any packages on the machine. Is it possible that
something got corrupted?

We did not notice any problem with any other programme so far -
OpenOffice works fine, as do Firefox and Thunderbird. Also KDE itself
doesn't show any problems. The only software where we encounter this
problem is Scribus...

Any clues?
Andreas