[Scribus] Usability needs attention -- time for a feature moratorium?

Steve Herrick estebandido
Tue Jan 29 15:30:22 CET 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 7:47 AM, Louis Desjardins
<louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com> wrote:

> >> I strongly agree.
> >> There seems to be a tremendous enthousiasm to develop
> >> very precise high profile features
> >> while basic usability is ... missing.
> >
> > I strongly disagree :-)
> > Seriously, user needs are very different, so every user has a different
> > priority of necessary features. I have already produced a book

This is not an argument that usability is everything it needs to be.
Just because you can do it doesn't mean it's easy.

I've had lots of ideas about usability, most of which were just too
far-fetched. At this point, I like the idea of submitting bug reports
for the interface. Now that I'm getting back into using Scribus
regularly, I'll probably submit some myself.
--
Steve Herrick

You can fool some of the people all of the time,
and all of the people some of the time,
but you can make a fool of yourself any time.