[Scribus] Importing PDF's possible with 1.3.3.11?

Ville Aakko ville.aakko
Tue Jan 15 11:54:26 CET 2008

2008/1/13, Albert Chin <scribus at mlists.thewrittenword.com>:
> According to http://docs.scribus.net/:
>   ... Other features include PDF Import, EPS import/export, Unicode
>   text including right to left scripts such as Arabic and Hebrew.

I think the documentation is misleading in this part, and this has
caused a lot of confusion for some (it sure did confuse me when I was
looking for this feature, and after a while found out that PDF import
is NOT really supported - they can only be converted to a bitmap and
then imported, which is never optimal and sometimes gives sub par
results). The documentation should be changed, IMHO.

 - Ville

Ville Aakko - ville.aakko at gmail.com