[Scribus] Fw: a bit off-topic: Tool to add notes to PDFs??

Mike Seifried mike.seifried
Sun Jan 13 23:30:05 CET 2008

It appears that your can add comments to a document using Adobe reader if commenting is enabled in the document. See here. However, I don't see an option is Scribus to do generate a pdf file with this feature enabled.

Mike Seifried

----- Original Message -----
From: flaco
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Sent: 13 January 2008 10:55
Subject: [Scribus] a bit off-topic: Tool to add notes to PDFs??

Hej Guys!

Does anyone out there know a easy-to-use cross-platform tool that allows to
put annotations into an existing PDF-document?

Background: I'm doing the lay-out of a magazine and there are others that
do the final checks. (far,far away.) I send the PDF to them, but until now
its kind of nasty: they have to send me texts like: "On page 3, second
column at the left border of the image text flow is nasty."

I would like to find a way that they could put a mark/note/something at
that place in the doc just saying "nasty!" (for example)
Like it was in good-old-paper-based-times: do a print, take a red pencil
and on we go. Just doing it per email.

Thanx, flacote