[Scribus] Proposal for a new versioning scheme (Was: Many Versions = 2)

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sat Jan 12 10:47:30 CET 2008

Maciej Hanski wrote:

--cut--
> On the other side, the growing gap between 1.3.3.* and 1.3.* would
> justify  much bolder difference in version numbers. I wonder, if it
> isn't time to reconsider the version numbers and make a clean cut as
> soon as possible. E.g.:
>
>  * 1.3.3.11 could become the 1.4 release (stable branch, 1.3.3.10
> deserves it, imho)
>
>  * 1.3.5 could be the 1.5 release (developement branch)
>
> This move would hurt only for a short while (nothing, you cannot iron
> out with decent release notes) and spare us some confusion in the long run.

--cut--

Hi list,
this guy has come to the same conclusion (in German):
http://www.pro-linux.de/cgi-bin/NB2/nb2.cgi?send-edit.12178.3010.21001710021.

but what do other mailing list users think about it?  Let's brainstorm a
little bit about any possible pros and cons.

M.