[Scribus] Many Versions = 2

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jan 9 20:03:42 CET 2008

Craig Bradney wrote:
>> Fair enough. As I said in an earlier message, I haven't yet had a
>> chance to try out 1.3.4 and 1.3.5, but I had gotten the impression
>> that there are lots of 1.3.4 bugs that have been fixed in 1.3.5, so I
>> thought it might be worth a try.
>>

> Well, it is worth a try, but the whole thing about there being "4 versions"
> is pretty clear IMNSHO. There have been a lot of bugs from many previous
> versions fixed in 1.3.5, however we have also ported to Qt4 (major work) and
> rewritten the canvas (major work), and things are still going on that could
> mean that if you check out from SVN today, and then check out tomorrow,
> something might be broken. If you are willing to accept this, or sit on a
> version of SVN, then thats ok by us. We certainly encourage testing.

Some things to consider:
1. don't be so eager to update your 1.3.5svn if the one you have is
working pretty well.
2. if you do update, save your older working one (make a copy, or
install the newer one to a different directory), since if things go bad
you won't otherwise have a way of backtracking -- you'll just have to
hope for the fix in the next svn update.

Greg