[Scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.3.3.10 Release

Axel Bojer axelb
Wed Jan 9 01:08:47 CET 2008

Plinnell wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 January 2008 22:48:41 Axel Bojer wrote:
>> Plinnell wrote:
>>> The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.3.3.10
>>>
>> :-D
>>
>> But unfortunately I have one problem with it.
>>
>> I am using Kubuntu 7.10 amd64
>>
>> I just used 1.3.9, selfcompiled, and just now I compiled 1.3.3.10
>> instead. It went as it should, but when i started the program it starts
>> in English, not my localised language (Norwegian) although 1.3.3.9 one
>> moment ago did and all other programs still do. I even tried:
>>
>> $ echo $LANG
>> nb_NO.UTF-8
>> (just to check)
>>
>> and
>> $ LANG='nb_NO.UTF-8' scribus
>> (to explicitly ask it to use the right language)
>>
>> but still got the English language version.
>>
>> I also checked to see if the right file was included, and, yes:
>> scribus.nb_NO.ts
>> is there, as before.
>>
>> Any ideas what went wrong anyone?
>>
>> Am only I having this problem?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Axel Bojer
>

>  LANG='nb_NO.UTF-8' /usr/bin/scribus loads Scribus with a Norwegian interface
> here on Suse 10.2.

Ok, thanks. Maybe my system somehow is destroyed ... even
LANG='en_US.UTF-8' kedit
still gives me the Norwegian GUI for that program, so it doesn't seem to
work either way here ...

> I might be tempted to mv ~/.scribus and retry

I tried to rename it, and it surely did nothing unexpected -- just new
configurations files and still English GUI.

Best regards
Axel Bojer