[Scribus] Problem knowing how to print a 3 fold leaflet

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Sun Feb 24 14:12:08 CET 2008

2008/2/23, Peter Nermander <peter.nermander at abc.se>:

> > If someone hand me a 3-fold pamphlet letter size and wants me to print
> > 50.000 copies of it on a larger press, I will not be happy to receive
> this
> > work in 6 parts (3 pages for the front, 3 pages for the back), and then
> > reassemble it *before* actually imposing it 8 up to print on a larger
> > sheet.
>

> So, if someone wants you to print a book, you want them to bring you a
> file containing complete signatures? Not a file with single pages in
> consecutive order?

More seriously, I wonder why you ask a question and give the answer at the
same time? I wonder about the tone of your question (seems more like an
affirmation than a question). Provided your knowledge of printing and the
explanations you gave earlier in this thread, I am afraid this last comment
(question?) of yours is not really constructive. You are completely wrong
trying to distort what I say and come up with a conclusion you know is
wrong. By doing so, not only do you introduce noise on this list, but you're
mixing things up. Again, nothing constructive here, imsho.

Organising the 6 panels (3 for each page) of a pamphlet is lay-out, not
imposition.

We're trying to help people deal with a feature that is at least
questionnable. We're talking ? and you know that perfectly ? about panels of
a pamphlet, which are no different than columns of a page (magazine,
newspaper, etc.). It is a mistake to associate those panels to pages of a
book. It is simply not the case. Quite different, in fact. A letter-size
pamphlet is a 2-page document. No matter if you fold it in Z-shape or
U-shape. The 6 panels are not six pages ? at least from the printing point
of view. Don't mix things up. Don't let people think it could be otherwise
with such misleading affirmation (sorry, question).

Louis