[Scribus] Usability Blocks Summary (mainly linked text frames)

John Beardmore John
Sat Feb 23 16:54:29 CET 2008

JLuc wrote:

> Hello
>
> The previous discussion about "is scribus usable ?"
> didnt find a conclusion in the thread.
> So please my personnal conclusion :
> why scribus is not usable for me.
>
> Please note that these are not expert-use bugs
> nor highly sophisticated feature requests.
> They deal with basic operations on a couple of textpages.

> BLOCKING : all related to linked text frames
>
> - http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6242
> bug with action and display on  multiple linked frames
>
> - http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6241
> not possible to select text accross multiple linked frames
>
> - http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6265
> vanishing edit mode when moving inside same text to another frame
> of the linked frames set.
>
> - lack of undertandable undo feature
> or as an alternative :
> - http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6253
> add "save 5 last versions of file" option
>
> DISTURBING :
>
> - http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6235
> character style in property window
> is not appropriate when selection not empty.
>
> - http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6740
> uncomplete fonts handling with black hole behaviour

> At that point, I stopped trying to do my job with Scribus...
> I would like to do so however !
>
> I would be glad to hear about
> other users having the same concern...
> and i think it would be usefull if other users would express
> theyr own blocking points.

I can see that some of these are frustrating, but for our work, Scribus
1.3.3.10 seems to be working OK.  Still looking forward to the 1.3.5.x
based stable releases though.

Cheers J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor