[Scribus] Preferred platform.

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Feb 22 18:08:26 CET 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008 22:33:15 John Culleton wrote:
> I am sure all of you are bored to tears with descriptions of my attempts at
> compiling 1.3.5 svn on Slackware 12, Slackware current and Kubuntu
> unstable. Now let me ask two related questions:
>
> What Linux platform is optimal for compiling 1.3.5 svn?

I would say OpenSuse or Gentoo or Debian, but I have no recent development
experience on RHEL/Fedora/*buntu/Mandriva etc to count them out. I cannot see
why any of them wouldn't be ok assuming they have the latest packages that we
like to develop against.

> What platform(s) do the developers of Scribus use?

We use (in no particular order):
- OpenSuse, Gentoo, Debian, Slackware.. perhaps some more
- XP
- OSX

Craig