[Scribus] Problem knowing how to print a 3 fold leaflet

william f. maddock billsey
Thu Feb 21 20:44:09 CET 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 7:36 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> Peter Nermander wrote:
>>> However when I go to print it out I can't get it to print all three
>>> pages on one A4 piece of paper, it comes out as 6 pages each on a
>>> separate piece of A4. What am I missing here?
>>>

>> What you are missing is that the "layout" options in Scribus are
>> intended
>> to _display_ the pages of the document as they are supposed to be
>> printed.
>> It is just a display setting, not a print setting. Scribus will still
>> see
>> them as individual pages and print them as such.
>>
> In other words, you need to make your document the size of your
> intended
> output paper, then subdivide that into columns by one of the various
> means for doing so.

A few days ago, Norman Gifford sent me a wonderful instruction email on
how to get around this problem. Unfortunately, I am not the one with
the problem, and when I sent a reply to him, urging him to make those
instructions into a PDF and make them available on the Net, my email to
him seems to have bounced.

I hope sincerely that he sees this note, and does as I have suggested.
:-)
http://www.lulu.com/billsey