[Scribus] 1.3.5svn compile error on Ubuntu Gutsy

Timothy Boyden tboyden
Sat Feb 16 04:45:27 CET 2008

Hi All,

Trying to compile the svn version of Scribus for the first time on my Ubuntu Gutsy notebook. I'm trying to follow the BUILDING file instructions along with the svn build instructions on the wiki. The following is my terminal output:

trboyden at acer-laptop:/opt/scribus1.3.5/builddir$ sudo cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/scribus135svn -DWANT_VERSIONING=1
-- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found.   Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
-- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND -- broken
CMake Error: The C++ compiler "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" is not able to compile a simple test program.
It fails with the following output:

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found.   Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
-- Configuring done
trboyden at acer-laptop:/opt/scribus1.3.5/builddir$ whereis gcc
gcc: /usr/bin/gcc /usr/lib/gcc /usr/share/man/man1/gcc.1.gz

I have gcc as you can see and I have g++-3.4 installed as well. I have all of the required and recommended dev packages installed as instructed. Any ideas? Do I need to tell the cmake command where my g++ compiler is? How do I do that if so?

Thanks,

Tim

Timothy Boyden
Network Administrator
tboyden at supercoups.com

SuperCoups?
350 Revolutionary Drive | E. Taunton, MA 02718
508-977-2034 | www.supercoups.com

Local Coupons. Super Savings.?