[Scribus] 1.3.5 svn miseries

John Culleton john
Wed Feb 13 22:56:57 CET 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 06:31:46 pm Owen wrote:
> > On Tuesday 12 February 2008 08:51:27 am Craig Ringer wrote:
> >> John Culleton wrote:
> >
> > For Kubuntu unstable I had to apt-get install gcc, cmake and make as well
> > as
> > build-install. Now I am hung up in both partitions because of missing
> > cairo
> > elements. apt-get install cairo doesn't work. I have asked on the kubuntu
> > list what deb I need to call for.
>
> try libcairo and libcairo-dev
>
> You have synaptic package manager? Try cairo in a search of that
>

> Owen

> D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
>              http://www.doteasy.com

I did the following additional steps and had a successful compile on Kubuntu
unstable:
apt-get install libcairo2-dev
apt-get install python-dev

However I can't get the Slackware version to work even after copying over the
libraries /usr/lib/libcairo* to my slack partition, doing ldconfig, doing
cmake, and doing make.  Something else is missing.  I get a bunch of libcairo
error messages.

I will look for a native cairo package for Slack next.

--
John Culleton