[Scribus] keyboard shortcuts - while we're on the subject

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Wed Feb 6 16:11:01 CET 2008

Gregory Pittman a ?crit :
> Something which occurs to me as I play around with 1.3.3.12svn and 1.3.5svn.
>
> Why couldn't there be a possibility of setting a keyboard shortcut from
> the main screen?
> For example, maybe right-click on a menu item (or Shift-click or
> Ctrl-click) bringing up a dialog to set a  shortcut for that operation.
> As it is now, left-click, right-click, whatever-click all produce the
> same action -- seems inefficient.
>
> What do others think?

For my part, I think this is a good idea. It is more intuitive to set a
keyboard shortcut as we work, and maybe just for a specific task we have
to do several times in a given situation. Beyond that idea, we could
also have an action recorder (this is different but related, because in
the end we need the option to set a shortcut for the recorded action).

I like the live settings just as I'd like to be able to set a style the
same way, based on the current type and paragraph settings (once I am
happy with a settings, I can click on a button or even hit a shortcut
key and create that style... then I can set a keyboard shortcut to that
style).

The closer we are to what we actually do, the better it is for
establishing that link between the action and the shortcut. Going to the
Preference dialog is not as intuitive.

My little stone!

Louis