[Scribus] Thus is has been with Scribus.

Steve Herrick estebandido
Mon Feb 4 03:52:22 CET 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 8:13 PM, Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au> wrote:

> I would add also the reluctance to learn, or fear of learning a new AppX (which
> produces the same result ) with a different UI.

I have to agree. I, for my part, know and love Scribus, and am gearing
up to produce my third publication on it. However, I have some
trepidation about doing so, because of the other people in my office.
None of them do what I do, or even understand what I do, but they are
very nervous about me using something they're not familiar with.

With that in mind, I would not argue that Scribus' UI needs to be
exactly like other apps', but the learning curve needs to be as flat
as possible. Options need to accessible, but not obtrusive. I like
what someone said about emulating actual paper. I'll offer specific
suggestions when I have more time and energy.

--
Steve Herrick

You can fool some of the people all of the time,
and all of the people some of the time,
but you can make a fool of yourself any time.