[Scribus] Scribus vs Framemaker

David Meili david.meili
Sat Feb 2 20:51:20 CET 2008

I did compare Scribus with FrameMaker and Quark during the last two
weeks. I have a long experience and licencies for both.

I love FrameMaker, from the beginnig on UNIX (on goodoldSUN), I do not
like InDesign and I never liked PageMaker. Quark is great, but you
need a lot of experience.

My decision for my next book project(s) is Scribus on XP. It's very
stable, and the functions I miss, - I d'ont need in fact.

For technical documentation etc., I still would like to work with
FrameMaker, it's a great tool for companies as EADS (Airbus). You need
professional inhouse support.

I will take the risk, and thanks to the great team.

David