[Scribus] Usability needs attention -- time for a feature moratorium?

Magyar Bálint magyarbalint
Fri Feb 1 11:51:05 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 11:27 +0100, JLuc wrote:
> 1) Scribus kept crashing.
> (since then, i switched from an old XP to a new Ubuntu
> and a new Vista, and scribus might prove more stable ?)

No crashing at all here, Ubuntu 7.10 and latest stable from the Scribus
repository.

> 2) the linked text frames problems
> I suppose none of the success stories use linked text frames...

I still haven't submitted my Success Story to the wiki (sorry), but I
made a 100-odd page book with 1.3.3.10, no problems with linked frames.

> 3) editing text & character styles

Again, defining styles and then editing words here-and-there for
emphasis on-canvas worked like a charm in 1.3.3.10 when I made the book.

> few facilities, no search & replace if i remember well,

S&R works great in the Story Editor.

> 4) undo facility

This, however, clearly needs work. The current state in 1.3.3.10 can be
quite confusing, but if you're aware of the behaviour, you learn not
having to use it. :)

B?lint / jegHegy