[scribus] Python script for scribus

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Sun Dec 28 08:25:10 CET 2008

I have been trying to get python script to past images and text into a page in
order to automate some of the set up and page layout
I am just learning python and wrote the following .py script from my gleaning of
the documentation but get an error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 8, in <module>
   File "/home/user/Scribus/scripts/setpage.py", line 61, in <module>
     scribus.loadImage(path+selectfile)
NoValidObjectError: Cannot use empty string for object name when there is no
selection.

(( I have tried to hard code the imagename but get another error message:))

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 8, in <module>
   File "/home/user/Scribus/scripts/setpage.py", line 63, in <module>
     scribus.loadimage('EK_medium.png')
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'loadimage'

I would really appreciate help please.

Does anyone have a .py script for putting images and text into an a4 page, I
will input box coordinates where necessary.

Thanks in anticipation
Roger

------=====------
  page script in part as follows:

import sys, os, string, scribus   # need to do directory and string manipulation
also

path = '/home/user/Pictures/ECK_Symbols/'

os.chdir(path)

selectfile = scribus.fileDialog("Select Your Image File/s", "*.*")
#file = open(selectfile, 'r') 			# Same errors if open or not..

if
scribus.newDocument(scribus.PAPER_A4,(15,15,15,12),scribus.LANDSCAPE,1,scribus.UNIT_POINTS,scribus.PAGE_1,0,1):

#	scribus.createText(in1, in2, in3, in4)		 #in1 to 4 set the box coordinates,
12,15,12,12

#	from api documentation = createImage(x, y, width, height, ["name"]) -> string
  	scribus.createImage(12, 12, 20, 20, 'eKbox')    # -> string  (Dont know what
this part means, no explanation in the doc file.)

#	scribus.gotoPage(1)  # doesnt seem to matter in this case.

	scribus.loadImage(path+selectfile)  #		Tried this and got the first error
	scribus.loadimage('EK_medium.png') #	     This gave the 2nd error