[scribus] Scribus 1.3.5 cmake error

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Dec 27 02:00:27 CET 2008

> Intention to install the latest scribus1.3.5svn downloaded this
> afternoon 26 Dec
>   5 pm.
>
> I installed qt4.4.3 this  pm today
> Removed all qt3 files
>
> set .bashrc exports
> export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt4
> export QTLIB=/usr/lib/qt4/lib
> export QTINC=/usr/lib/qt4/include
>
>   env | grep QT
> QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt4
> QTINC=/usr/lib/qt4/include
> QTLIB=/usr/lib/qt4/lib
>
>   in /Scribus1208 cmake reports:
> cmake .
> -- Scribus 1.3.5svn will be built to install into
> /home/user/Scribus/Scribus1208
> -- Found target X86
> -- Building for target i386-redhat-linux
> CMake Error: The installed Qt version 4.3.3 is too old, at least
> version 4.4.0
> is required
> -- Configuring done
> [user at localhost Scribus]$ make edit_cache
> make: *** No rule to make target `edit_cache'.  Stop.
>
> ran make edit_cache and checked all the settings as  ok
>
>  From QT Designer<about QT>: This program uses Qt Open Source Edition
> version 4.4.3.
>  From QT Assistant: Version 4.4.3 Open Source Edition
>
> qt4 is installed in /download/qt4/ and all the executables are in the
> qt4/bin
> Question: Should I move the executables to /usr/bin, would scribus
> cmake find them
>
> Where and why is cmake finding a non existent file and refusing to
> find qt4.4.3
> How is this problem to be fixed.
> Puzzled
> Roger

If Qt is installed in /download/qt4, why are the environment variables
set to /usr etc?

You need to set the qt environment correctly

I would probably set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH variables;

# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/whereever/qt_libs_are/:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib

# export PATH=/wherever/qt_bin_is:$PATH

Owen