[scribus] property window cannot be displayed

avox avox at arcor.de
Tue Dec 23 18:30:15 CET 2008

Christian Schulz-2 wrote:

> so, there is some BIG  problem more.
>
> For some reason the property window cannot be displayed. In the
> windows menu I can see that it is checked.
> I download the new version for mac and the behaviour did not change.
>
> I want to reset the configurations that get stored after each session.
> Does somebody know where is the location of the scribus configuration
> file for mac?

That's a hidden folder named /Users/name/.scribus
If you run Scribus under Parallels it's in the Windows folder \Dokumente und
Einstellungen\name\Anwendungsdaten\Scribus

Close Scribus first.
Open the file prefs.xml in a text editor and search for this entry:
     <context name="PropertiesPalette">
			<attribute key="height" value="804"/>
			<attribute key="left" value="1234"/>
			<attribute key="top" value="102"/>
			<attribute key="visible" value="1"/>
			<attribute key="width" value="353"/>
		</context>

Change the values for top, left, width an height to something sensible and
restart Scribus. Setting all values to 100 should do, you can then move and
resize it in Scribus.

HTH
/Andreas