[scribus] Editing in Text Box

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Dec 19 02:38:47 CET 2008

Roger wrote:
> Setting Tab Stops in the text box is onerous and difficult.
> I use tab stops very often in text boxes.
>
> The 'L' shaped tab stops are 1mm wide and largely impossible to set
> accurately on the ruler and at the same time the cursor is a left and
> right arrow which completely covers the tab stop.

the most precise way to create and adjust tab stops is in Properties >
Shape > Tabulators, where you can create new ones and adjust old ones,
with a spinbox to carefully set the distance. They can also be part of a
Paragraph Style. Furthermore, there is a default tab distance that you
can find in File > Preferences > Tools (or File > Document Settings >
Tools) under the settings for text frames - this is what applies when
you haven't set any tab stops.

Greg