[scribus] Masterpage to top-layer?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Dec 15 14:46:15 CET 2008

Emanuel-S wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> i'm working at the moment on a fashion-magazine, where we have a lot
> of images in fullsize. They normally fill out the complete printed
> page(s) - like fullscreen.
>
> Now we want to insert masterpage(s) - with page-number, the
> magazine-name and a small graphic in the corner. The problem is, that
> the images cover the master-layout in the background. So we make a new
> layer and try it again to include the masterpages there - without
> success....
>
> Is it possible to use masterpages or a kind of masterpages to the top
> of the main-layer(s) - because we have in the end 200-300 pages - copy
> & past for each page is a lot of work!?
I understand your need, but unfortunately master pages won't work in
this way, though it seems they should. We have been having some
discussions lately about the future of master pages, which may address
this kind of situation.

One thing worth pointing out is that it might be easier to copy and
paste objects than you think.
1. Select all the objects you wish you copy -- hold down Shift and click
(and you will want these to all be on the same layer).
2. Edit > Copy or Ctrl+C
3. Go to whatever page you wish to copy to, then Edit > Paste or Ctril+V
4. What you will find is that all the objects are copied, and to the
identical coordinates they had on the original page.
5. Obviously, this will be most efficient if you can hold off and do
this after you have all the pages created.
6. I would also add that page numbering will work on a regular text
frame (ie, one on a regular layer, not just on master pages).

Greg