[scribus] TOC from several files

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 16:52:16 CET 2008

avox wrote:

> John Beardmore wrote:

>>> That's only needed for scientific books.
>> Academic ones anyway. Back in the days of CP/M I wrote a filter to take
>> ASCII text with embedded escaped foreign characters and in line
>> footnotes to produce output formatted to UK Modern Humanities Research
>> Association standards. No database required, but quite a bit of tiresome
>> formatting !
>>

> OIC, that was on the IBM 1100? ;-)

No -  this started life on a DEC VT180 under CP/M, and ended up on an
AST 10MHz 80286 under DOS 3.x

Printout was to a Toshiba 24 pin dot matrix which with a new ribbon gave
pretty good quality output and could handle some user defined characters.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor