[scribus] Scribus, Ghostscript, and Mac OS X

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Dec 12 08:27:02 CET 2008

hi liz
> The problem:  I don't have Ghostscript installed, so the only way I
> can print from Scribus is to create a .pdf and print that. I'd like to
> install Ghostscript, but can't find a Mac version of it. There are
> instructions for installing Ghostscript on a Mac, but they are written
> for people who know Unix.
tested and solved for you :-)

you don't need ghostscript to print!

you only need ghostscript for importing eps files (pictures) or to use
the print preview.

exporting to pdf is (imho) a good replacement to have a preview of your
work (in Preview.app you can reload the current file) so: you may not
need ghostscript at all!

have fun
a.l.e