[scribus] Again ?? Scribus 1.3.5 crashes Signal fault 6 and 11

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Fri Dec 12 09:20:37 CET 2008

I am so very very disappointed, sad in fact.
I swear by Scribus in all it's incarnations and have recommended it to many people.

With glee Signal Faults  announce  I'M  BA,AACK, with a vengeance.

I installed the binary Scribus 1.3.5 just weeks ago as recommended, it crashes
at least every few minutes with the dreaded "Scribus Crashes  with Signal Fault
  6 , sometimes 11.

Its my fault that I didn't save a complex time consuming document but
previously having lost saves made before crashes It did not seem to matter.

I have not had this problem with previous 1.3.5 of many months ago but have
updated the svn several times and don't remember which was the stable svn.

I have a modern machine, Gigabyte mb, quality 2 g memory, Nvidia PCI express
video card, hard drive all just a few months old. Run recently updated Fedora 8
and find no reason for the mess.

Please if someone can help, I have only 2 days to get this newsletter together
and out.

I can't go back to 1.3.12 because it would mean completely rebuilding the
newsletter from the beginning, a week or two.

Thanks in advance
Roger