[scribus] autocreation of pages

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Dec 11 23:56:18 CET 2008

UWebSmart wrote:
> Does anyone know if the capability to auto create new pages while flowing
> text is available somewhere in scribus.This comes in super handy for me in
> two scenarios while using Adobe InDesign.
>
> 1st Scenario: Instead of setting up a document and guessing at how many
> pages it will need..ie. 40. then flowing the text, going in and deleting the
> remaining unused pages every time. You can just choose to create pages as
> necessary, so for instance if i have a 40 page document prepared and i go to
> flow the text and it requires 42, it will just create two extra pages for me
> and flow my text into them automatically.
>
> 2nd Scenario: let's say you've flowed all your text and your page count is
> where you would like it, and then an advertisier phones in and would like
> his photo plugged into your text flow but it doesn't quite fit, so you can
> just add it and if it pushes it one more page then it is created for you
> automatically.
>
> Anyways, I'm fairly new to scribus but like it so far, just can't find a few
> options so not sure if they're available or not, if anyone knows if this
> auto page creation while flowing is available or not it would be
> appreciated.

There is the ability to automatically create frames whenever you start a
new document, and you specify the number of columns. This is in the New
Document dialog. By default this frame fills in the space between the
margins of the page.

Afterward, if you insert a new page, it will also have this automatic
text frame, and will automatically link text from the previous page.

Greg