[scribus] Dual installation of 1.3.5 and 1.3.3.12 (Linux)

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Dec 10 15:38:38 CET 2008

I have 1.3.5 up and running merrily.  Now I have a problem with
installing 1.3.3.12 in parallel.  Can someone point me to the correct
info?

I should add that I tried creating a directory /usr/local/early,
assigned that as the root for Scribus, compiled, linked all the
subdirectories under early into their /usr/local/ equivalents, ran
ldconfig and so on. But Scribus 1.3.3.12 still can't find even its
icons.

If i just compile it the regular way then one or both of the Scribus
versions can't find things like icons, plug-ins and so on. I am now
reduced to running 1.3.3.12 on my Windows partition, which is not
what I like to do.

I use Slackware 12.0 Linux.
--
John Culleton