[scribus] ANNOUNCEMENT: Scribus - The Official Manual is now available for sale!

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Dec 8 19:44:02 CET 2008

Kevin Cole wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 09:58, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>

>> There was, of course, a large number of screenshots, and
>> making sure these were of sufficient quality for a printed book. While we
>> would have liked to have had some color, the cost was prohibitive.
>>

> But, I suspect the original screenshots (and perhaps other pieces
> you'd hoped to do in color) still exist somewhere in a color format?
> If so, given that many books offer a hook to online material, you
> could perhaps make those parts -- as well as any inevitable errata --
> available on-line as some sort of supplementary material, assuming the
> grunt-work has already been done and the files merely need to be
> copied somewhere.  Unless that causes "issues" with your publisher
If there are any that would benefit from availability online, let us
know. I think the screenshots of dialogs, for example, really don't need
color.
It was a challenge for some things to change the wording of the original
text when it talked about some colored feature of a picture.

If we can get a list of useful pics we can perhaps put together a tar
ball of them. I have yet to see a finished product, so if nothing else
we need some reference points like "the graphic on page N."

Greg