[scribus] ANNOUNCEMENT: Scribus - The Official Manual is now available for sale!

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sat Dec 6 18:36:35 CET 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> John Beardmore wrote:
>> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>>
>>> To all list subscribers:
>>>
>>> The long-anticipated official manual is now available for pre-release
>>> sales at:
>>>
>>> www.flesbooks.com
>>>
>>> Christoph and I, along the many other contributors, are very pleased
>>> with the final 438-page product of our labors. Without doubt, this
>>> the *the* most comprehensive source of information about Scribus.
>>> Profits from the sale of the book will go to the Scribus project as
>>> our way of giving back to this project we love so much, so it's also
>>> a way for users who appreciate Scribus to not only buy the best
>>> source of answers to the many questions they have, but also in turn
>>> keep this project healthy and moving forward.
>>>
>>> If you act quickly, you can also benefit from a 10% discount in the
>>> £29.99 list price and buy it for £26.99 -- after conversion to other
>>> currencies the price will vary slightly, but with the current
>>> economic environment and the fall in the GBP, now is a *great* time
>>> to buy that may not get any better. Regardless of whether you buy now
>>> or later, shipping is *free* (as in beer) *worldwide*!
>>>
>>> Greg Pittman
>>
>> Thanks Greg.  Is this also available in any electronic form ?
> not yet. Obviously we would like to promote book sales at first. With
> our contract with flesbooks, we may be committed to book-only
> availability for about a year.

Fair enough !  (Though people are bound to wonder when you'll know if or
until when you're committed ?)

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor