[scribus] Times new roman regular not incorporated in pdf

Simone Ambrosini ambrosini.simone at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:10:05 CET 2008

well... i have some problems with times new roman regular because when i
export to pdf the others fonts (times new roman bold/italic, bitstreamvera)
are well incorporated in PDF, so it appears as text. but times regular (only
reglar, with bold or italic it is ok) is converted in bitmap, so i got a pdf
full of images for the text (the main text is in times regular) instead of
real text. That means that i have an heavy and low-res (text is better
because is vector) PDF.

the only solution is to not to incorporate the font, but i rick to have some
problems in print shop, when i bring them the PDF to print. otherwise i can
try to change (as my teacher and collegues suggested me) the font, from
times to bitstream, but i want to resolve this problem (also in case of
future needings)

it's an already known problem?