[scribus] Still the cut-off

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Dec 2 00:05:39 CET 2008

On Saturday 29 November 2008 09:53:02 am Pedrie Roberts wrote:
> Riku wrote:
> > I agree. PDF export should be the number 1 target and it should
> > always be reliable. After all pdf is what most people send to
> > print shops. I don't need printing from Scribus. What comes to
> > using the program with this issue, I don't quite see how this
> > would affect your layout work.
>
> The problem is that PDFs are printed as images not as fonts, which
> means that quality is much poorer than printing straight from
> Scibus (if only it was possible).

Well the printers I submit work to handle the fonts in pdf just fine.
My local printer is a Ricoh with PostScript capability so I can
either save as postscript or else use Ghostscript pdf2ps routine and
I still  get real fonts.

In general PDFs are not printed as images. From Acrobat Reader for
example if you print to a file it saves the file as Postscript.
Convert it back to pdf and the fonts are still there.

--
John Culleton