[scribus] Hyphenation stays off

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 16:00:51 CEST 2008

2008/8/28 Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>

> Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> in one of my Scribus docs, there is no hyphenation active anymore. Don't
>> remember if I switched it off or so, I just cannot activate it. It won't do
>> in any of the text frames, regardless if you switch it on or off.
>>
>> Maybe there's something wrong with the way the Scribus file was saved? Did
>> I do something wrong?
>>
>> Is there a quick help for this? Ah - the version is 1.3.3.11
>>
> hmm. Hard to know. Presuming you have clicked Extras > Hyphenate Text.
> Check File > Document Setup > Hyphenator in case there is anything else you
> want to select. Also presume you are fully justifying text -- hyphenation
> does not apply to left or right justified text.

Greg,

You might want to check this over as the hyphenation actually works (as it
should) no matter the alignment chosen. At least, it works here with
1.3.5svn. Is it different in 1.3.3.x?

Rolf,

Your frame has to be activated in order to proceed with Hyphenation. Other
than that, afaik, there is no other way to "turn it on/off". You can either
apply them or not — according to rules you set in the Prefs — and you can
unapply them as well.

HTH

Louis