[scribus] web links in text document

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Aug 23 19:37:30 CEST 2008

Kristin Falck wrote:
> I wish to use Scribus creating a good looking document for online use.
>
> I will export the document to pdf - but I need a lot of web-linking in the
> document.
>
> So -
>
> Is there no way to import a text containing links to different web-sites,
> without loosing the links?
>
> Anybody know how to keep linking intact?

you cannot do linking in Scribus in this way, but you can do linking.
Go to the PDF Annotations icon on the toolbar and select Link, which
allows you to create a frame over whatever you might want to link from,
or a freestanding link.

Then, right-click for Context menu and select Field Properties, where
you can select a link to the same document, a different PDF document, or
a web link, where you fill in the URL.

Greg