[scribus] New tutorial ready

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Aug 23 08:10:11 CEST 2008

> Murray Strome and I have put the finishing touches to the new
> tutorial.
> It is based on the 'Get Started With Scribus' by Niyam Bhushan and
> subsequent 2006 version on the
> Scribus wiki.
>
> I have uploaded a zip file for those that would like to download it -
> the zip file contains 2
> OpenOffice files - one 'A4', the other 'Letter'. It also contains a
> PDF of the .sla; the .sla
> itself and folders containing all the graphics used in the actual
> tutorial and in the making of
> the tutorial; and the text.
>
> Murray Strome and I hereby offer our humble project to the Scribus
> team (and others) to do with
> it as they deem fit. Our hope is that it will be of use to those that
> want to get up to speed
> with the basics (and more) of Scribus.

Hi,

I wonder if there is a md5sum for the archive. here is my error message

error [Getting_Started_With_Scribus_2008.zip]:  missing 47829 bytes in
zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
error [Getting_Started_With_Scribus_2008.zip]:  start of central
directory not found;
  zipfile corrupt.
  (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
  appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)
owen at owens:~/Desktop/zip$ ls -la
total 12768
drwxr-xr-x  2 owen owen     4096 2008-08-23 16:07 .
drwxr-xr-x 13 owen owen     4096 2008-08-23 16:07 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 owen owen 13043175 2008-08-23 15:58
Getting_Started_With_Scribus_2008.zip

Could be me, will try downloading again

Owem